Model: Dimension Icon
Dimension Icon Scanning Probe Microscope performs all major SPM imaging techniques including PeakForce Tapping, ScanAsyst, TappingMode (air), Contact Mode, Lateral Force Microscopy, PhaseImaging, Lift Mode, Force Spectroscopy, Force Volume, Surface Potential, Torsional Resonance Mode, Piezoresponse Microscopy, Force Spectroscopy and MIRO without additional hardware.
Performs imaging techniques on samples up to 210 mm in
diameter / 15 mm thick.
Icon XYZ Closed-Loop Application Module-ready SPM
Scan Head with a nominal range of 90-micron x 90-micron and
vertical range of 10-microns, closed-loop operation enabled
with thermally compensating sensors in its X, Y, and Z-axis for
high accuracy/precision for imaging and positioning.
Integrated Acoustic and Vibration Isolation Enclosure for the Dimension
FastScan and Icon SPMs
PeakForce TUNA Mode
Measures ultra-low currents between probe tip and sample as
probe is scanned over the sample.
- Operates in PeakForce Tapping mode with direct force control and minimal lateral forces. Thus avoids the artifacts stemming from probe and sample damage and retains highest spatial resolution. This enables use on soft, fragile, or loosely boundsamples that are likely to be damaged by contact mode.
- Measures both, peak current and cycle averaged current.
- Includes Bruker’s proprietary ScanAsyst automated scan optimization.
- Includes Bruker’s proprietary PeakForce QNM for directly correlated nanomechanical information. PeakForce QNM allows quantitative mapping of nano-mechanical propertiesincluding elastic modulus, adhesion, deformation, anddissipation, while simultaneously imaging sample topographyat high resolution.
- Includes 6 gain settings ranging from 100nA/V to 20pA/V. Achieves >10kHz bandwidth for peak current detection at highest amplifier gain setting, which at the same time provides sub-100fA noise level in the cycle averaged current under imaging conditions.
- A bias of mV to 10V can be applied
- •Measures ultra-low currents between the probe tip and a sample (typically covered with a thin dielectric film) as the probe is scanned over the sample
- Images variations in quality/integrity of thin dielectric films bymeasuring the tunneling current, including variations in film thickness, location of electrical defects, and other characteristics
- Current is measured using an ultra-low current amplifier with 3 gain settings ranging from 1nA/V to 20pA/V. Provides typical noise level below 100fA at highest gain under imaging bandwidth.
- A bias of mV to 10V can be applied
TR TUNA Mode
- TR TUNA uses torsional resonance feedback. This reducesboth vertical and lateral forces on samples, which enables TR TUNA to be used on soft samples otherwise likely to be damaged by contact mode (e.g. polymers) or on loosely bound samples likely to be disrupted by contact mode (e.g.nanowires).
- Current is measured using an ultra-low current amplifier 3 gain settings ranging from 1nA/V to 20pA/V. Provides typical noise level below 100fA at highest gain under imaging bandwidth.
- Measures low-level currents between the probe tip and a sample as the probe is scanned over the sample
- Images variations in conductivity and quality/integrity ofconductive samples by measuring the current. CAFM is used for measuring variations in film thickness, location of electrical defects, and other characteristics.
- Current is measured using a low current amplifier with 3 gain settings ranging from 100nA/V to 2nA/V. A bias of mV to 10V can be applied
High Efficiency Direct Drive TappingMode Cantilever Holder for
Scanning in Fluid with Dimension Series SPMs
- 2nd Generation cantilever holder made from Kel-F (PCTFE) for fluid operation for contact mode, TappingMode, PeakForce Tapping, ScanAsyst, PeakForce-QNM and Electrochemistry (with additional accessories). Also does Force Modulation when used with Z Modulation.
- This next-generation cantilever holder is directly driven by a small piezo in the cantilever holder for improved ease of use in TappingMode with lower driving power.
- Enhanced optical path and geometry for improved usability and faster time to sample engaging.
- Protruding tip design supports improved fluid flow near tip and allows for easier tip inspection.
-35°C to 250°C High Temperature Heater/Cooler Package for Dimension
- Provides sample heating and temperature control from -35°C to 250°C for samples in air or other inert gases
- Includes Bruker Thermal Applications Controller (TAC) heater/cooler controller with digital readout
- Includes -35 to 100-degree element, ambient to 250-degree element, cantilever holder with tip heating, stage base with purge ports, and other accessories.
- For Contact TappingMode or PeakForce Tapping operation in air
- Compatible with most SPM modes and Application Modules. (Electrical modes require separate Special cantilever holder. Temperature range for some modes may be limited by condensation, oxidation, or cantilever holder limitations.)
- NOT compatible with fluids or FastScan scan head.
VITA SThM Application Module for NanoScope V / Dimension SPM
- Allows users to perform Scanning Thermal Microscopy
MFM Starter Kit for Dimension Series SPMs